Monday, July 6, 2020

Celebrating my 29th birthday Jul 2020

Hello readers! 
Last year, i move in to my new house on my birthday.
This year, due to Covid since we can't travel and i was due to go for my gynae review next week which includes doing the OGTT test, glucose test to test for gestational diabetics, so i actually inform my friends in advance that i prefer not to receive too much cakes. Every year never fail, there will be cakes for me so i will tell them in advance this time. Too blessed. Just when i thought i was not going to receive any cakes this year, i was surprised by my colleagues when they send me this cake! As i was shuffling between my own house and my mum house, so nobody really can track my movement unless they ask, so the excuse they have was telling me the company is sending a care pack so they ask for my address. Initially i thought it was pretty weird that it was already in Jul before the company wants to send a care pack, kinda of too late huh? Haha but because my RO ask in a grp chat that consist of my other colleagues, and everyone was giving their address so i thought ok maybe its a overdue care pack. But still i was happy to receive this cake in advance! 

To be honest, it was also my first time eating chocolate origin cake, and they choose dark chocolate because they say it was more healthy. Hahaha. The cake was good!

I didn't receive many cakes but i think i receive a few bouquet of flowers, unexpectedly! This year everyone like to stay anonymous when they sign off, but i think i am pretty smart to guess the sender!

My first bouquet of flowers from gf michelle, she didn't leave any name but i know its her after i read the note! 







JY & JJ send me Grab food voucher but on pretext of asking me to check my mail for nutella tarts recipe when i was just telling JY we are baking during one of the days! Selina sending me angbao via paynow cos she say its the most practical. Hahaha feeling blessed at all the sweet gesture!

I didn't have any plans on what to do on my birthday except taking leave to shop for some of bb stuffs. As i am entering my 3rd trimester, it was time for us to buy the baby cot, so on my birthday, the plan was to visit Jarrons and Co to see the baby cot, follow by shopping at mothercare at their biggest outlet at Harbourfront centre and eating xiaolongbao for dinner.

Before we visit Jarrons and Co, we went to palette box, another store at Tampines to check out the baby cot, baby cot plus the mattress cost about $518. When we went to Jarrons and Co as per recommendation by some of my friends, i was surprised the baby cot model, Happy Cot Wonder 5 in 1 convertible baby cot white that look almost similar in design elsewhere, selling price was only $159, it also has a drop side gate so we can pull the gate down if we want to change the baby while on his baby cot. The mattress, their own house brand, anti dust mite foam mattress 120cm x60 cm cost only $69, plus the bedding set which inclusive of a small pillow, bolster, bumpers, bedsheet, blanket is $109.
If we purchase the bedding set, they will waive the delivery plus inclusive of installation which sounds a pretty much good deal compare to the model we saw at Palette box. Total price was only $337!

So we place an order with them, we can choose to deliver at a much later date, because their 1 year warranty will start on the day it deliver, but i decided to deliver by end of Aug, just in case if there is any defect, there will be ample time for us to get them to rectify before the baby is out!

Jeremy initially order a bouquet of flowers but due to some unforeseen circumstances, he had to pick up from the nursery itself. 

Happy to receive the flowers!


After that, we went to harbourfront centre mothercare store, i think we spend about 1hour-2hour inside as we were browsing some items, that was when my mum text me to tell me i got another surprise flower delivery as she send me some pic with Duffy modeling with the flowers!




I was not expecting this surprise but in the end it was from Alissa! Just when i was wondering how she got my address when JY told me she got it from her. Hahaha, this bouquet of flowers is beautiful and i love it!







Simple meal at Din Tai Fung.




Limei make this agar agar cake which is suppose to be more healthy since she can adjust the sugar level.


Even though it's simple gesture from my friends, but thank you all for remembering my birthday!
I am blessed! :)

The flowers lasted at least for few days before i decided to shift it into a vase. Haha 
My belated birthday treat from JJ and JY! 

in the end they still got me a slice of cake!
Blessed 29th Birthday!
shall end this post for now. Till then!